-->

Friday, March 7, 2014

follow friday: @kelseybethune

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

i met kelsey over a year ago.
a friend introduced us, we found out we lived two apartment buildings away from each other
& we had the same shirt on. so we knew that this friendship would be lasting.
and it has been ya'll.

she calls southeastern virginia home.
she grew up homeschooling in chesapeake, went to college at GMU
& now is canoodling in norfolk with her husband.

kels is the queen of blogging.
her blog gave me inspiration to start blogging myself.

kelsey is a go getter. 
she is a bridal coordinator, calligrapher, photographer & makes a killer french press.






1. What's your favorite thing about blogging?

This precious community! Between the friendships & the constant source of inspiration,
blogging is like... My favorite sweater or my staple coffee order. Just can't live without it!

2. You've lived in Virginia your whole life... What's your favorite thing about being a Virginian? 

Virginia is just a classy lady. Is that weird? She has it all - the beach, the mountains,
the big(ish) cities, the woods. More than anything though, I just love being so close to the coast.
It's definitely part of my blood.

3. What inspires you?

Nora Ephron.
My 2nd cup of coffee in the morning.
The clouds (Seriously!).
Norfolk, VA.
Friends following their dreams.
& obviously, Beyonce.

4. What's your current jam?

If I'm not listening to Cat Stevens, I'm listening to Lake Street Dive or Noah Gundersen' newest album.
...Okay, & also the Jurassic Park soundtrack.

 5. Where do you hope to be in 5 years?

 Definitely running my own event company, with at least one dog. Hopefully in our forever-city,
maybe thinking about buying a house? Maybe.

6. How long have you been married?

 Almost 3.5 years!

7. Favorite thing about marriage?

When Jared got home from work tonight, he started playing Justin Timberlake's "Cry Me A River" on
the Apple TV before he even got into the apartment stairwell. He employed his best JT moves as he walked in the door (which, to be honest, are pretty great) & when the song ended, asked me how my day was. So, my favorite thing about marriage is getting to spend every minute I can steal with the one who makes me laugh & love the hardest. 

 8. Coffee or tea?

Coffee, please.

9. Carnivore or omnivore?

Definitely omnivore! Although, I am not above a carnitas taco.

10. Summer or fall?

Like my instagram bio says, I was born & married in October,
so 100% fall.

11. describe yourself in three words!

        [THIS IS SO HARD.]
Independent, hopeful, a-little-cray-cray

 

4 comments:

  1. cutie! i am really loving this blog; the inspiration behind women's friendship is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. marvellous interview! she has such enviable hair!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girls!

    I'm Bianca from Germany and I really love your blog! In a couple of days (maybe it takes a little bit longer) I want to present my favorite blogs on my own one. So I want to ask: Is it okay for you, if I take some of your pictures to introduce you to my readers? :)

    Please, let me know :)

    yours Bianca

    ReplyDelete